We are the Anschutz Medical Campus | Fitzsimons | VA Transportation Management Association (TMA), and we're here to be your source for multi-modal transportation in and around the Anschutz Medical Campus and the Fitzsimons Life Science District. We support sustainable growth in the campus area by developing and promoting coordinated transportation improvements and services designed to enhance access and mobility, reduce congestion and improve the quality of life for employees, medical staff, patients, visitors and students. Whether you're interested in transit, carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling or walking, the TMA can help you get where you want to go.
Services we offerThe Fitzsimons TMA helps to connect people with a variety of services to campus partners, including:
- Transit options
- Teleworking/flexible schedules
Why your commute should be multi-modal.
Using a mode other than driving alone to get to work can reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil, make the air cleaner and save money.
What you can do:
- Use public transportation, carpool or walk or bike whenever possible to avoid using your car. Leaving your car at home just two days a week will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 1,590 pounds per year. You'll also save on your vehicle's wear and tear.
- When running errands, combine trips. Several short trips taken while your car's engine is cold can use twice as much fuel and produce twice the amount of greenhouse gas emissions as a longer multipurpose trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm.
- Check out the Best Workplaces for Commuters Web site to learn about commuting choices that can benefit the environment, reduce the stress of commuting, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save money. Also consider options to work from home via phone or over the Internet instead of holding face-to-face meetings that involve travel.
- If you must drive, choose a cleaner, more fuel-efficient vehicle. There are many available on the market today that produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions. Check out the EPA's Green Vehicle Guide to help you choose the cleanest, most fuel-efficient vehicle that meets your needs.
- Under-inflation increases tire wear, reduces your fuel economy by up to 3 percent and leads to higher greenhouse gas emissions and releases of air pollutants. Inflate those tires!